Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com
We are seeking a candidate with knowledge and skills to support product stewardship and regulatory solutions in the EU animal nutrition market. The position closely collaborates with business, technology and product managers supporting existing products, and the development and commercialization of new products. This is a full-time position, to be based in Merelbeke, Belgium. This function reports to the Global Product Stewardship & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) Manager, Animal Nutrition.
- Prepare EU feed additive authorization applications, including data gap analysis, compiling and analyzing available product data and literature and prepare supporting documents for animal nutrition products (e.g. feed additives, premixtures, complementary feeds, …).
- Develop registration strategy, and provide authorization timelines, fees and cost estimates (in close collaboration with sales and marketing departments) for appropriate product lines and/or geography.
- Follow up on EU authorization submissions with local stakeholders. Develop and maintain excellent relationships with competent authorities (e.g. FAVV, FOD, NVWA, etc.). Participate on National Platform meetings (e.g. FRANA) and communicate issues with other Eastman staff. Participate in advocacy and product stewardship initiatives (e.g. at EC, EFSA).
- Represent Eastman in trade associations (e.g. FEFANA) and subject matter consortia.
- Support the animal nutrition business team in the EU, by providing regulatory expertise for products used in animal nutrition applications. Review EU labels and marketing materials for compliance.
- Work closely with global animal nutrition staff (business, technology and PSRA peers), Eastman legal staff and/or contracted regulatory consulting companies.
Strong candidates for this position should have many of the following skills or be willing to be trained in these areas.
- The position requires a Master’s degree in a science-related field with preferably 5 years of experience in EU Regulatory Affairs in the field of animal nutrition and preferably included interactions with the EU Food Safety Agency (EFSA), the European Commission and relevant competent authorities (e.g. FAVV, FOD, NVWA, etc.).
- Fluent in English and Dutch or French, written and verbal.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant EU feed regulations and legislation and EFSA/EURL Guidelines. Knowledge in animal nutrition is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong ability to communicate technical issues effectively to a broad audience of technical and non-technical personnel is required.
- Ability to provide leadership to project teams on issues related to animal nutrition topics is required. Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and work effectively and collaborative in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to work independently and gain knowledge of the entire Eastman animal nutrition portfolio of products.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven, with excellent interpersonal skills.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
Qualified external candidates should submit their resumes online www.careers.eastman.com/careers or apply directly to email@example.com
Internal candidates can apply via MyCareer to req. 24922